Friday, June 22, 2012

Still progressing...

I know I haven't posted in a couple days on Tate's PTP (potty training progress) but that doesn't mean things aren't going well because they still are. Unfortunately it's been such a busy week I haven't been able to just simply stay at home like all the websites say you should until it's mastered so he has worn a diaper some times other than while sleeping. I'm still impressed with my guy though.

Yesterday he didn't want to wear his diaper while running errands so I packed extra clothes and we ran our errands in big boy undies. He didn't have an accident! He was awesome. He couldn't go though either when we got home. So he started playing and playing and playing all the while making time for potty breaks and he never would go. Then when his babysitter got here her and him were playing and oops accident. Oh well! He immediately knew he wasn't supposed to be going in his undies so I was happy for that. Later that night we were going out for my brother-in-laws wedding celebration dinner. We put a diaper on him not wanting to have an accident in a nice restaurant. He told us he needed to go and so in the bathroom he went. His diaper was dry and he went potty and we put back on the diaper. And it was dry when we changed him for bed too. Happy we were! And are!!

I know he seems young but being a teacher the summers is when I have time to do this and I don't want to wait a whole year to potty train. He's doing great and it will take some time but it will be worth it. And the smile he gets on his face when he does it in the potty is so great to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment