Monday, June 18, 2012

Let the potty training begin...

Warning.. this post might be a little TMI for anyone who doesn't care about an adorable two year old learning to go to the bathroom in the big boy toilet.

Well I have been trying since the end of May to start potty training. Tate had gone a few times but we weren't really committed. I decided this is the time to go full force. So we went out and he picked out (with me shoving them in his face) Mickey Mouse undies. After he woke up this morning we sat on the potty after breakfast (he had stayed dry!!). After a minute of crying and screaming for Mommy I decided that maybe he wanted to try the little potty we have for him instead of the big toilet. I let him try that and he decided to go back to the big toilet. THANK GOODNESS!!! I did not want to be cleaning that chair every half an hour. So he got comfortable and after about 5 more minutes he went potty!! I was so happy!!!!! And I think he was too. He couldn't wait to call his Papa!

But its been less than 25 minutes and he has had an accident.. It was a dirty accident. I'm not too worried about that though he has never done that in the big boy potty so I am sure he just didn't know. Luckily it was easy clean up and we talked about it. So now he is back on the potty and we are awaiting more pee-pee.

We will see how many pairs of undies he goes through before lunch... Good thing I just restocked my laundry supply. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're writing this blog! I'm not too far behind you with Caleb and I will take all the advice I can get! Sounds like you're off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie- I think that you and I might have similar feelings about potty training.. I believe it to be a love/hate relationship.. I will LOVE not having to buy diapers, change him all the time, etc. but I HATE that he is already this old. :( I am sure you feel the same way about Caleb. I hope you keep me updated on his progress once you start!

    ReplyDelete